Monday, January 31, 2011

Gloom

January and I do not get along. Last year at this point I was truly in the depths of S.A.D.D. It is beginning again. The gray skies and old dirty snow do me in. This year seems worse because of a lot of things but mainly because of my health. I have had some awful times since just before Christmas. I will spare you the details. Let's just say that the old saying from the Wendy's commercial, "parts is parts" does not hold true here. My girl parts are going haywire and rebelling in horrible ways. I have had days of "confinement" of Biblical proportions! I had a biopsy done and waited an agonizing week for results. My sister passed away from endometrial cancer and I have been worried. The longer the results took to come back, the more I worried. Thankfully, all is well. I have to wait until Feb. 9th to meet with my doctor and get things rolling to remove the parts. I hope he is not scheduled out too far in advance.

In the meantime I am cleaning my house like a white tornado, preparing for the time when I will be down and recovering. Ugh! Closets gather so much stuff! I will keep you posted on my future...you know, when the parts and I part ways. Freedom!!

Enjoy this blast form the past!

4 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh you poor thing! Man my heart goes out to you! I have sure noticed some not so good things happening in this body and to this body! I thought 38 was a little young to be going through the change, but apparently I have found that I am perimenopause (sorry if I spelled that wrong). I have had some awful horrible things going on and some vicous HOT flashes. If this is what I have to look forward to...NO thank you!

Good luck to you. I hope things come together quickly and you can part with your parts sooner than later!

Take Care,
JoLynn

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Girl troubles are NO FUN AT ALL! There are just too many things that can go wrong.
I am glad that all is well and that hopefully gettiong rid of some of those parts will make all the difference.
You are in our prayers.
Love and miss you

Anonymous said...

January IS a gloomy month. The dreary weather makes things...you know, dreary. Then when you have to add to that, not feeling well, January becomes a very long month. I'm sorry you've had to start the new year out this way but the good news is...SPRING IS COMING!...and hopefully your doctor will get you all fixed up soon and you'll beable to enjoy the warm, beautiful weather of Northern Utah. I'm so impressed that you are doing all of this cleaning when you don't feel well, you are really a trooper. Good Luck in the coming days, I hope your surgery will be soon. I know you will feel sooooo much better when that's over. P.S. I love your new background...so cheery!

Lori said...

I kind of know that feeling. I hate the waiting time when you are dealing with doctors. I too had a scare a few months ago and it is no fun dealing with that waiting game. Your mind just does horrible tricks on you. Not sure exactly what parts you are removing, but if they were the same parts that were removed from me, well lets just say that I don't miss them too much. All I know is that I feel much better without them and you will too. Enjoy this time to get your house in order . . . you won't feel like it or be able to after your surgery. Let me know . . .