Thursday, August 4, 2011

Open For Business

It started out so innocently...I made a few cute aprons for my girls for Christmas. I made some for their friends, and for some shower gifts. People started telling me how darling they were so I sold a few on Etsy, then a dozen or so at a local boutique. Now I have a daughter working at Thanksgiving Point and she has encouraged me to set up a booth at the Thanksgiving Point Farmer's Market.  I will be there for the next two Fridays, and the first two Fridays in September. My room looks like a fabric store exploded but with lots of help from Dee, Nick, Diana, Rachel, and Brittany it's all coming together!


My creative juices started flowing a few months ago and I have made some really cute pennat/bunting flags for parties and special occasions. I have also crocheted myself into a carpel tunnel surgery later this month (really). Wish me luck!


The kids wanted to stage as "faux" set-up last night. (I think they are having fun!)


I have to run! I have more sewing to do to get ready for this thing. I have a few aprons to finish and some table cloths to make. I'll let you know if I survive!

9 comments:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

SO CUTE! That will such a fun thing to participate in!

Ashley said...

Everything looks so cute! I'm jealous, I would love to do some farmers markets, I just can 't with tiny kids.

Annie said...

My kiddos sure love their Kitty's. I've had several people ask where I got them. I'm sure you're going to do wonderful!

Whitney said...

Yay Marianne!! I can't wait to stop by! I think I will need to buy some of those cute dolls for my girls.

Ashley said...

They are so adorable!!! I might just have to stop by the farmer's Market!

Lori said...

Marianne . . . I want some. SERIOUSLY!!! I would love to buy some of the little dolls for Marlee and I have a thing for aprons and am looking for one that makes me look so good that Doug will beg me to let him take me out to dinner and not soil my cute apron - ha! Can I order some from you???

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

SO cute! You are so talented. I'm quite positive these aprons are going to take off and you will become a big success! I'd love to order some! How do I do it?

Sarah Faria said...

Cute!! Good luck at the Farmer's Market!! I'm excited to see you guys on Sunday!!

Nancy Face said...

Your stuff is so cute and happy!