Friday, November 19, 2010

On the Hogwarts Express

I spent last evening in the Great Hall at Hogwarts. Unless you have been under a rock somewhere you no doubt know that last night at midnight the first chapter in the final Harry Potter movie was released. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was the reason for Brittany's first big event at Thanksgiving Point. She helped plan and she hosted the before the movie party in the Great hall...Amber Room at Thanksgiving Point. From a mother's point of view she did extremely well!



There was plenty for the "students" at Hogwarts to do including wand making...


...meeting awesome owls...


...getting sorted into your Hogwarts house (please make it Gryffindor!)


...taking Professor "Loosen-up's" trivia quiz...

...and taking in the fabulous decorations!!





There were yummy treats to be had in the" Leaky Cauldron" and from The London Market of Salt Lake City.



The whole Hogwarts gang was there!





















These two were my favorite, however! (Oh, the things a father will do 
for his daughter when she bats her long lashes at him!).


Well done my dear Brittany! Well done!

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That is awesome! I am very proud of our sweet Brittany! It looks like it was a huge success!

Anonymous said...

What a great event! It looks like every detail was perfect, including Brittany's dad. I am not a Harry Potter reader but many people in my family are and they would have loved this party. Jim, many times, talks to me in Harry Potter "lingo" and I look at him like he's nuts and he looks at me like I am from some other planet because I don't get what he's saying, how fun it would have been for Jim to be surrounded by all those Potter-ites. Good Job Brittany, I'm glad your first event was a huge success! Keep up the good work!