Monday, April 12, 2010

Escape From Winter: Part 2


It's been a long week. Lots to do. I said I would post some photos of our trip to the Saint George Art Festival and here they are! It was really fun and interesting to see all of the artists and their varied talents. Some were dramatically gifted, some were quirky, some were amazing in their ideas. What do you think?



I was told this is the old Dixie College campus. It is lovely!!

















I was pleased to meet Al Rounds. His works with the LDS temples intrigued me. He places them in their exact locations but takes away civilization! I loved them and encouraged him to visit Mesa and paint that location just for me. He said he has wanted to for quite some time and hopes to do so this coming winter! Yay me!




I loved this art!! A snarly, snaggle-toothed gator and his progress in orthodontics!

I love the little birdies.











Look fellow winter-locked friends...real flowers...OUTSIDE!!!!






Lunch! Just a note if you ever go to this thing...the vendors take CASH only! Brent and Dee had to walk over to the Wells Fargo Bank across the street and stand in line with the cars at the drive-thru ATM. That's a photo I wish I had gotten!

I love this man!


Thank you Brent and Kami for putting us up and showing us such a nice time. We love you!












4 comments:

☂niki. said...

ooh! what a fun time. those flowers are b.e.a.utiful.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh it looks like it was such a good time. We really do need to get up there and visit them. I'm glad that you guys had a good time together!

Ashley Eliza said...

hi Marianne!
I noticed you commented on BBL's blog for the giveaway, even though you didn't win since you commented I will give you a discount :) If you're interested email me ashley.shippen@gmail.com
xoxo

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Those were beautiful pictures! I may need to steal some and put them on the Art Festival website.
We are glad you both were able to come and spend the weekend with us. We need to make it a tradition!
Love you all