Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Why Worry?

Sorry I haven't been around lately! I've been checking in on all of you though, rest assured. I had a few weeks after I returned from California where I just didn't feel well. Something was off in my old body. The gray cloudy days, rain, and gloom added to my weariness, but the last five days or so have been so bright and sunny! I am feeling much better and the sun does something to me. It fills me with energy and a drive to get things done. That's what I have been doing. Cleaning out closets and cupboards and getting things done. I tackled my fabric stash the other day. After a whole spring and summer of sewing it was in a terrible mess! I have a lot more fabric than I thought I did, and I had forgotten how many pre-cut aprons I actually have waiting to become something beautiful!


 Here's my stash as it looks now. Wish me luck keeping it that way. And, yes, that is my camera strap hanging in the way.
 Here is my latest creation.


I've also been worrying over my little flock of chicks. Every one of them! The Master has hurt his back, yet again. He fell while performing a skit with the other coaches for the opening party of BYU's Swimming and Dive teams. He landed hard on his left hip. The doctor thinks a muscle or ligament is torn. So much for his acting career. He is in a lot of pain and can barley bend over. How he puts his shoes on is a mystery! Hopefully we can figure out how to best help him. He has X-rays today. Quality of life not so great right now...!


Dr. Sarah is busy applying for jobs around the country. She has found a lot of joy serving as a Seminary teacher for her Stake, along with her roommate Seija, she teaches every other day. (They teach together on Wednesdays.) She has gotten very ill over that last week. She thinks bronchitis again.. Worry over jobs, worry over health...!

Miss Britt is in limbo over new jobs. She's waiting anxiously to hear from one in particular. She has had several call-back interviews and would love to move on in her life. Can't say more! Today she finds herself at the Utah County Courthouse in Provo. She made it through the first cut on a list of potential jurors. Today they are being individually interviewed. This is no ordinary jury duty. These jurors are being chosen for a very high profile murder case. If you live in the region it is on the daily news. It has been talked about on every cable news station and featured on shows like 20/20. That's all my girl needs right now!They've narrowed the field to 120 prospective jurors. What are the odds? Looks like one in ten. Life in turmoil and murder...!

Rach has applied for admittance to Utah State in Logan. She has decided art school is so pricey and she would really like to get her Bachelor's degree done and behind her while giving herself more time to save money to get to art school. Money...!

Richard is still working on some classes on Electronic High School. It is a process. The job search continues. I know he'll find just the right one for his unique needs and personality. Worrry about the future...!

I just hang around the house every day trying to keep all in order and get sewing done. I am getting my ETSY shop back up and running. It's not ready yet, but soon. Stress and pins in my fingers multiple time every day...! (But my fingers are tough, right?!)

There is much in our lives that is good and we are grateful. I know everything usually turns out alright and that things will be OK. Waiting is hard though. In the meantime, here is a little prayer I always think of this time of year. If only ghoulies and ghosties were all we had to bother us!

3 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh bless your heart. I'm so sorry that you have so much worry on your plate right now. I really do relate to the worrying. It's so hard to not be able to fix everything for everybody and have everyone happy and well doing what they need to. I will keep you and all your sweet family in my prayers. I sure love you guys and I am so thankful for your wonderful examples to me!

Love Always,
JoLynn

Nancy Face said...

The apron is beautiful, and I love just looking at all the happy colors in your fabric stash!

Glad you're feeling better!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh P.S. I just realized that I didn't comment about your DARLING apron! I think I really do need to order one. Your aprons are to die for. So CUTE!