Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Take a Breath

Some people say, "I cannot wait until my kids grow up and I don't have to worry about them all of the time!" I say to those folks, "Don't wish your life away. They grow up and get bigger grown-up problems!"

It seems that each one of my children is going through some sort of trial at this time,whether it be struggling to finish school (i.e. PAY for school), looking a new job, struggling with where to move and what the future holds, or healing from injuries. A few of the kids fit in more than one of these categories! As their mother I worry about them and pray for them day and night. Last night/this morning I was awake until around 3:00 doing just that. Praise be to our loving Father in Heaven that one of those worries has just ended!

I just received this text message:



 Dee & I with our Sarah as she received her Master's degree at BYU a few years back.

 I am so incredibly happy for my Sarah! It has been a long road and we have missed her terribly as she has lived in Toronto to get this degree. She will stay on with the University and work for them until December and then...? Prayers for her to find a good job would be a really appreciated thing right now!

Another thing that made me happy this last week was the ordination of our son Richard to the Melchizedek Priesthood in our church. He holds the office of Elder and has taken it on with grace and gratitude. He is such a good young man and I am excited to see what he will do in the future! He has made his mother very proud!

Here he is with the men who were there for the ordination. These men have been such a good influence on Richard and we are so grateful for them.They are home teachers, Young Men Leaders, Bishopric members and friends.
Left to Right-Bryan Barron, Dave Cluff, Scott Glazier, Dee & Richard, Bishop Scott Miller, James Rich, Dan Court, & Bryant Jenks

Dee's father Bob was there in his heart. He was at home in Washington taking care of Dee's mother Felicia who is very ill with pneumonia. My own father was felt in spirit quite powerfully. These two men are so important to us and love Richard very much. I am grateful for all of them and for all of you who have supported Richard as we have struggled to get on top of his O.C.D. and anxiety. He is doing very well thanks to the prayers and love of many.

I feel like I can step back and take a breath...just a little one!





2 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Your Sarah is AMAZING! Congratulations to her!

So we BOTH had the joy of seeing our sons recently receive the Melchizedek Priesthood! So wonderful!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Congrats to Sarah...that is a huge accomplishment. So proud of her and all of you for the determination and enduring to the end.
Congrats to Richard for being an amazing and worthy young man.
Lots to be proud of mom. :)