Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Usual Suspects


I'm rounding them up! It seems that nothing much happens from day to day at the Little House, but if I take a look at the last year or so we have seen tremendous changes. So here are the usual suspects and the change they have committed!

 The Master of the House made a major life change leaving the world of public school teaching and trying something he has wanted to do for a very long time. He is now an assistant coach for the BYU Swim Team. They are a great group of young people and his life has been so blessed. He misses his kids at Lone Peak High but he is so much more relaxed and less stressed. 
We actually see him before dinner now too! Bonus!
(back row, far left)
Best of all though, he became a Grandfather! The Cutest Coach was named after his grandfather Deward Holden and he is going by "Pa" which is what the family called the original Deward.





Graduate
Graduate Student Profile

Loose, Sarah M. B.A. and M.A. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
sarah.loose@utoronto.ca
Field: Late Medieval/Early Modern Europe, Italy
Supervisor: Nick Terpstra
Thesis Topic: L'Ospedale Santa Maria della Scala, Siena
Sarah is currently finishing her sixth year. Her dissertation will focuses on the role that L'Ospedale Santa Maria della Scala and public charity (particularly the allocation of food) played in Siena's relationships with its outlying territories in the 15th and 16th centuries.

(I swiped her Grad Student profile from the internet. I made a couple of changes
 because the only one I could find was a few years old!)

She is nearly done folks! That's a HUGE change from feeling like it will never end. She is looking for jobs and doesn't know where the future will take her. One thing we know for sure...she is amazing!
She recently got a nice break when she flew to San Diego to make a presentation at a historian's conference. The best part was taking some extra days and spending time with these her sister's family.
 Oh! Another change! She became Auntie Sarah this year too!


Event Manager accused of smashingly fun and successful events. 
Also accused of growing restless. Change is in the air, people. That's all I am saying.
Other changes include new roommates (us) after her old ones decided to move on to new places of abode, and the best one of all...She became Auntie Britt to her little Lukey Lou!



 Accused of blossoming and becoming a mother...what a change! 
This young lady has been through perhaps the biggest physical changes of all, 
unless we accuse her son himself!
She also went from working full-time to being a stay-at-home Mom  
which is a huge adjustment that she has met with grace and joy.
 I am so proud of her!

 
This man stands accused of pretty big change too. He went from being employed to not,
 and from living in Utah to living in sunny SoCal.
He went from part-time office work to full-time graduate student,
and most importantly...he turned into the most loving father!
One year down at USC San Diego, one more to go, and then what change will there be?



This girl went from being a Snow College Badger and artist in residence
 to living at home and working to get out of here again! 
Her latest adventure is a new job at the Fitness Center. 
She holds the keys folks! 
She is the night manager and shuts the place down.
 Don't you DARE be one of the patrons who takes their sweet time
 in the locker rooms after closing time!
She Loves being an aunt to this sweet little baby too! How cool will it be for Lucas to have little cartoons of himself drawn by his Auntie Rachel!


 
Our in-house Master Sword holder stands accused of great growth, physically and emotionally.
 Take for example this photo from just a year ago:
w

...and just a few months ago!
Notice he's taller than Sarah there, in December...and if I could get him to stand up straight you'd really see it!
Sarah and I are both 5'8" and he is even taller now.
I look way up into his eyes now.
Kinda makes me blue!
My BABY!

He loves his little nephew and I have loved watching him grow confident around a little baby.
He has become such a good young man. He is always so willing to go Home teaching with his Dad and has taken the lead in recent months in making the appointments and preparing the message. He made a huge change this school year in completely switching over from American Fork High to Lone Peak High. Sadly, it was the year his father no longer worked there, but Dee's colleagues have taken Richard under their wings ad helped him have a great experience. He actually likes going to school now and is on track to graduate on time...fingers crossed!


Our final suspect not only has had tremendous change in just the past 7 months,
 but won't stop changing!
5 lbs. 6 oz
on Sept. 1, 2012
 Down in the 4 lb. range and five weeks in the NICU.

His first Easter in March, and 15 lbs!


 Meeting a butterfly in his sunny new California home!

Me? Have I done any changing this year? Why, yes I have! I know I shared this photo before, but I love being a grandmother! Such joy I cannot describe as I have felt watching Lucas come into this world and watching my daughter become such a great Mom!

Oh, and I am working out again. I have lost 20 pounds since last year.
CHANGE!

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I know I made a comment ages ago but I just noticed that it must not have taken it or something. All of your family has had many growing experiences. You have such an incredible family. I love everyone of you and I'm so proud to say that your all my family! !!! You have much to be grateful for. You've been richly blessed to say the least!

We sure love you all!!!

P.S. I'm way impressed with your weight loss. I gained about 15 pounds this last year. But I've lost 5 of it! You've inspired me to loose the rest!!! You look fabulous! !!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I know I made a comment ages ago but I just noticed that it must not have taken it or something. All of your family has had many growing experiences. You have such an incredible family. I love everyone of you and I'm so proud to say that your all my family! !!! You have much to be grateful for. You've been richly blessed to say the least!

We sure love you all!!!

P.S. I'm way impressed with your weight loss. I gained about 15 pounds this last year. But I've lost 5 of it! You've inspired me to loose the rest!!! You look fabulous! !!!