Monday, October 29, 2012

Take a Little Trip, Take a Little Trip....

No, I am not bouncing down Main Street in a low rider! Tomorrow morning bright and early I am doing something that I have been dreading for months. I am piling my daughter and grandson into my minivan and heading for California. Forgive me if I have not written much lately. I have been soaking up every opportunity to snuggle little Lucas before I have to tell him goodbye. He has worked his way into my heart without any effort. I truly love this little guy! He is starting to smile now! He is a veritable prodigy or acrobat, whichever you prefer. He has already rolled over...twice. He is only 7 weeks old! Technically only three weeks if you subtract the four weeks he was born early. I don't know if Christmas can come any faster because that's when he will be here again!

In the meantime, it's a girl's road trip! Just me, Diana, and Britt; oh, and two parakeets and a baby!
Should be interesting. We have some fun in the southern California sun planned. I'll fill you in when I return. You can follow our fun on Instagram if you search my name on your smart phone.

Here are a few sweet photos of my Lucas, which I will cherish and pour over everyday. Love hurts, my friends.






Is it possible for a heart to melt and break at the same time?

2 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Awww! I love how he's swaddled in his lion blankie with the softy stuffed lion friend!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What a precious little baby! I know that this is not easy for you. Tears welled up in my eyes for you as I read this post. Love really does hurt! I'll pray the time till you can be again goes by quickly.

Lots of Love,
JoLynn