Saturday, September 1, 2012

It was a Dark and Stormy Night...

May I introduce you to my first Grandchild?
Lucas Michael Mowes
Born September 1, 2012 at 12:39 a.m.
5 lbs. 6 oz.
18.5 inches tall

That's my hand next to his tiny head. He is four weeks early and very small, but doing amazingly well! He did not need any respiratory help or warming beds. He took on the world on his own!
His mama, my sweet daughter Diana, has had pre-eclampsia and things began to deteriorate rather quickly in the last few days. His heart rate was dropping late last night as the doctor was ready to induce labor. Mom and baby were rushed into the surgical unit. Daddy Nick held up like a trooper!

We are all suffering from acute lack of sleep after waiting for him past midnight and waiting another few hours to meet and hold him. Thunder and lightning woke us up at 4:00 a.m. after about an hour of sleep. I spent the entire day at the hospital helping the weary new parents. They are both doing well but need a good night's sleep. I hope they let little Lucas be watched over by the nursery staff tonight. I also cannot wait to go see him again the morning!

In other news: 
Richard had his wisdom teeth removed Friday morning early.  He was born with only the 2 upper ones so it has been an easy recovery for him. Dee watched over him today while I was at the hospital. He also scalded, peeled, and juiced a mountain of his garden tomatoes for me to bottle later. For now they live in the freezer in the form of tomato sauce! He is amazing and I love him so much!

Hey! We are grandparents!!

Meet "Pa"
 and Gramma, GramMari, or just Gram for short!
God, our Father in Heaven heard many, many prayers last night and blessed this family greatly!
 Life will never be the same!

4 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

So exciting and such a miracle and blessing. Until I had children I never understood what a true miracle giving life is. It's absolutely beautiful and wonderful and such a blessing. I am so happy for you and Uncle Dee and Diana and Nick. Such an exciting time. Please tell them to sit back and enjoy the journey it goes so quick-as you know.

I'm so sorry for poor Richard. My boys feel his pain, since it's fairly fresh in their memory. I hope he is recovering well and that you all are able to get some much needed rest!

Love to you all,
JoLynn

Anonymous said...

I opened your blog this morning expecting to read about you waiting for the birth of your grandson TODAY! What a surprise to find out he was already here. Congratulations to all of you! Lucas is a darling baby and he looks so blond for a newborn...I love blondes. I'm glad all went well for Diana. Happy Days and you're right....life will never be the same!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

We are overjoyed for the whole family! He is just darling and doesn't even have a clue of how lucky and blessed he is to have been sent to all of you!
What a thrill it must be to be new "first-time" grandparents...you will be AWESOME!
Congrats to everyone. We love you!!

Nancy Face said...

Oh, Lucas is so precious! I've read each one of your posts, all the way down to the cute baby showers. I'm sorry I haven't been around the blogs for the past couple of months - getting Lauren and Ted moved in here, then losing sleep with the birth of Baby Zoey has worn me out. Not because those things were very hard, but because they were added to my busy Young Women calling and my daily responsibilities with assisting my elderly (and demanding) mama!

I will comment on more of your posts now!