Friday, June 5, 2009

In a Funk

So...I'm glad my blog is called "It's a Wonderful life!" because this week I need reminders. It's not so swell...

"The Sinus Infection That Wouldn't Die" is what I should name my blog because the nasty little visitor has taken over my life! I am on the 2nd antibiotic now. I haven't slept well for two weeks. When I do sleep I have outrageous, frustrating dreams that make me feel like I haven't slept because they leave me so tired and upset emotionally. I have not taken my cough syrup with the narcotic in it for two days which is good...I think. Still, I have a terrible time waking up in the mornings. I find myself laying on my bed most days just hoping to feel better soon.

It's no fun.

The kids have been good to me. They bring me water and food...just like the dog! They kiss my forehead and retreat from my room like I have the plague. They vacuum and take out the garbage and clean the bathroom downstairs. A few times I have stumbled downstairs to cook them all a dinner that didn't come from a box...then I go back to bed.

Sad!

I love my husband. He is so good and patient with me. The days have been cloudy and my mood has been spiraling downward. He listens to me and lets me cry all over him. I am missing my early summer days! There are no flowers in my pots out back and the weeds are having a party out front. My roses decided to open up this week though. They are beautiful! I have deep red, bright pink, lavender, white, and yellow.

They make me happy.

When I can get out to see them.

I know it will pass...

...soon I hope!

This is one of my Princess Elizabeth roses from a summer past.
Roses are good medicine...even photos of roses!

6 comments:

Edwin & Tamara said...

I am so sorry you are feeling blah
I hope you get to feeling better soon too.
Your roses are beautiful

Abbie said...

I'm so sorry about your sinus infection! I had one a month ago that lasted for 3 weeks - they're rotten! I hope you get feeling better soon, and you're right. Roses are the best medicine. :)

Gena said...

You sound so miserable it makes me want to cry! I hope the second time with antibiotics is the charm, not the third. I love you so much and I'm glad someone is there loving and taking care of you!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so sorry your feeling so yucky! If I were there I'd come bring you dinner! You poor thing! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

We love you!
JoLynn

P.S. I love your roses

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the sinus infection, Marianne. You did sound pretty miserable when I spoke to you on the phone (maybe you don't even remember that we spoke, HA). I hope you get to feeling better soon. This is no way to begin the summer, this is the best part and I hate for you to miss it. I love my roses too, I clip a few each day and bring them inside so I can enjoy them up close. Good Luck with the antibiotics!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

That just sounds horribly UN-fun! I am so sorry you are under the weather! YUCK!
Sounds like you got just the thing you need to feel better...drugs and TLC!
FEEL BETTER!