Friday, May 29, 2009

Fourth One Down...One to Go!

It was a bit early for my liking as sick as I was, but I was there with my family! About an hour earlier I wasn't so sure I would make it. This morning at 9:00 Rachel Miriam Loose graduated from American Fork High School in the Class of 2009! As is usual in Utah Valley, the services took place in the Marriott Center at BYU. No school in the area has a venue large enough to hold everyone and unlike warmer places like Arizona where I graduated, the weather is still too unpredictable here in May to plan for a graduation outside on a football field! The reason I might not have made it is that I have been very ill this week. I was in bed all day Sunday with a sore throat, Monday I was a bit better as you saw by our Memorial day post. Tuesday night I thought my head might explode and Wednesday found me at the doctor's office diagnosed with a sinus infection. I spent Thursday coughing up my lungs and by last night I was crying to my sweetie that I didn't want to miss Rachel's big day. Bless him! The next thing I knew he had gone downstairs to get my nephew Michael who is staying with us for awhile. They gave me a wonderful priesthood blessing and I immediately felt more calm and I slept well. When I woke up this morning I thought it was going to be too much on my poor body to get ready and go but I get up and try I did! While I didn't feel the greatest I was able to be there and see the smile on Rachel's face as she left her public school days behind. The power of the priesthood is a marvelous thing. I would not have been able to manage it without that blessing. Thank you Michael and Dee! Thanks to a loving father in Heaven as well.


This is my little Rachie on her first day of Kindergarten. We lived in University Place, Washington just south of Tacoma. It was Sept. 1996 and she was very proud of her Esmerelda back pack! I drove her to her P.M. Kindergarten class but she got to ride the bus home with her big sister Diana. That was a big thrill for her...kind of hard for me!


Here she is on her LAST day of school...7:30 am!
Sam does not get the outfit!


Woo Hoo! I am outta here!

7 comments:

J and J Black said...

Congratulations you look really good in your cap and gown

Abbie said...

Ah, tell her congrats for me! Love ya!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Wow! I'm so happy and proud of her! That is such a big day in one's life.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Rachel!! Graduation Day is such a fun event! I wonder how they feel about all those RED caps and gowns in the Marriott Center?? Sorry about your sinus infection Marianne, they are so miserable but I'm sure you wouldn't have missed this day even if they had to bring you in on a stretcher! Happy Summer to Everyone!

☂niki. said...

how exciting.

congrats to her.

Helen Ellsworth said...

iT SEEMS ONLY YESTERDAY THAT I WAS IN SALT LAKE WAITING FOR RACHEL TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE INTO THIS WORLD. WHERE DO THE YEARS GO? wISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YOUR BIG DAY. NOW YOU WILL BE OFF TO SNOW COLLEGE BEFORE I SEE YOU AGAIN. HAVE A GOOD TIME THERE, MAKE LOTS OF FRIENDS, AND MAKE GOOD USE OF YOUR TIME. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. I LOVE YOU, RACHEL, AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST THAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER.
lOVE GRANDMA

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Congrats Rachel...what a wonderful day!!! I remember that feeling...oh so GOOD!!!