Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Touching Story~Arizona Couple Needs Our Prayers

Dear Blogmates,
I first heard this story on KSL radio yesterday and then the Today Show ran an interview this morning. I just had to go to Stephanie's (Nie Nie) blog and read. Tugs on my heart...They are from Mesa or somewhere near, her husband flies out of Falcon Field (I grew up on my Grandpa's dairy almost right across the road), and Nie Nie loves Bluewater, New Mexico, a place my mother talks about with fondness (see her older posts). Her blog is sweet and simple but very moving. The story of what has happened to her and her dear husband "Mr. Nielson" (her Mr. Darcy!) is heartbreaking; but it is also a story of how her blogging community has rallied around her. Here is the Today Show link if you'd like to hear this story.

Stephanie's sister Courtney Jane Kendrick has turned her blog into an info site for her sister and brother-in-law's recovery. The link is on my side bar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez Marianne, I've been totally consumed with this story about the AZ couple, I've been reading her blog all day and haven't gotten a thing done!! I'm trying not to be sad because everyone seems very hopeful but I can't help myself, it IS a really sad story!! This is an incredible family, we have many such families in the Church, families who believe in miracles and have the faith necessary to receive them. When I go to bed tonight I will pray extra hard for this young couple and I will be extra thankful for all the blessings that are mine. Hugs to you!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Aunt Marianne, this is just the sadest story! It has broken my heart! I went to high school with the young mans two older sisters. Helena and Charity. Saddest thing a few years ago Charity died of cancer. My heart is really breaking for their parents and siblings to have already lost a daughter and sister at a young age to cancer and then to have a son and brother in such a horrible accident. They are just an incredible family. My prayers have definately been with them and will keep on. Thanks for sharing this story with everyone about this family. They need all the prayers they can get.
Love you, JoLynn

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Love your new background! Way way cute!!!