Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Time Travel Tuesdays...So God Created a Farmer

Did you watch the Superbowl? Like many people, if one of my favorite teams isn't playing I pay more attention to the commercials than the game. Yesterday I think my favorite commercials were...


This man comes across a goat for sale. The goat likes Doritos just like him.
 Don't pay any attention to the fact that the current owner is beat up pretty badly!

 When the guy gets the goat home, the furry little guy will not stop eating Doritos. He is constantly crunching them.
 The noise is driving the man crazy. He can't sleep at night.

 Then comes the day that the Doritos run out. 
When the goat sees an empty pantry he makes the funniest angry noise!

The terrified man then realizes he no other choice than to sell the goat
 to the next unsuspecting sucker!
I have known a few terrifying goats!
He is doing the right thing.

#2  The Budweiser baby draft horse ad. Who doesn't LOVE a baby horse?
It's a love story that put a little tear in my eye.
We watch as the baby and owner meet for the first time.

We witness their tender bonding as well as more playful moments.


The man has done his job well and the sad day comes when they have to part. The horse is to become one of the famous Budweiser draft horses.


 Upon hearing that the draft team will be in a local parade, the former owner goes to the parade route to catch a glimpse of his friend.

The horse sees his first owner too. (the tears start right here!)
 

After the team has gone by, the man returns to his truck. He looks in his side view mirror and sees the horse running down the street toward him and we witness a tender reunion! Sob!

#3  Chrysler's "So God Created a Farmer"

Chrysler was selling trucks. They used an old Paul Harvey radio monologue about the goodness and hard work of America's farmers.
"And on the eighth day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, 'I need a caretaker.' So God made a farmer," Harvey said as the ad began.
"God said, 'I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the field, milk cows again, eat supper, then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board.' So God made a farmer."

Hmm...I could have cared less that I was supposed to want to buy a Dodge truck. I thought of my Dad with tears in my eyes.
He was a little Mesa boy who wanted to be like his father.

He got up early and stayed up late to milk and feed the cows.
 

Even when he retired he never stopped farming! We all shared the bounty of his hard work for many years.
Brittany & Sarah Loose with their Grandpa Ellsworth.
 Richard Loose helping Grandpa pick peaches.



 When his legs were too old and tired to stand for the entire irrigation he pulled up a chair and kept right on working.

Forget the Dodge trucks! Love the men like my Dad who worked so hard 
all of their lives and led by their examples.
I love and miss my Super Dad!

3 comments:

Nancy Face said...

This was so sweet!

The Doritos Eating Goat was my favorite out of the ads I saw.

Alas, I missed the other two!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

The farmer commercial was my favorite...and even more now that you posted these pictures of grandpa Ellsworth. I wish I would have known him. I can only imagine how wonderful he was by all the stories I have heard...and by all the amazing children he produced. Also I know he was wonderful just by how much grandma Helen loves him.
Anyone who could father Dick...is a blessing from God.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

The farmer commercial and the Budweiser commercial were my favorites. Both reminded me of two grandpas that I love very much! Thank you for sharing these great pictures of Grandpa George. I too miss him and my Grandpa Jerry so much!

We sure love you guys!
JoLynn

P.S. Blake meets with the Stk. Pres. this week and then his mission papers will be turned in. We will let you know when he gets his call. He'd love to have you all on the phone when he opens it.